6 replies to this topic

#1 Shade

Shade

White N' Nerdy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

I'd like to see more smileys (even those that are a bit of vulgar) and I'd like to see the mods in this forum (my own forums have those mods that I will mention , however , it's going to be a much , much , much more modified version of myBB , including the editing of templates of themes and modification of its (MyBB's) PHP code. And I'm talking about manual editing AFTER installing Mods (and making them compatible , ofc).

First of all , there should be a main group called "Neq3 Staff" where all staff members , including Admins , moderators , support team , SQA team etc. will belong. Then , for Support there should be a badge called "Support Team" and Super Mods and Moderators should have their own respective and special badge. There should be a Quality Assurance team (I'd be happy to contribute ) made out of , at least , programming and security enthusiasts that are interested in this site. You may or not may give them access to Admin CP , cause you're not a forum after all , it's a support forum , however , for example , the staff can save a lot of time by asking the SQA team to find bugs and fix them. If Support doesn't trust them , then there should not be a position as a SQA then.

Second of all , there should be a WYSIWYG editor (like http://mods.mybb.com.../wysiwyg-editor ) , cause the current one does not work...don't believe me? trust to click on any of the buttons other than the color button. Even the "Close Tags" do not work properly.

Third of all , there should be a premium theme , if you've no plans of adding a premium theme, then it's okay , but the current one is pretty boring. It's true I use this theme for my forum , but much more modified templates.

And last of all , there should be more team members. Do not make someone you don't know a S. Moderator , judge them by the quality of their posts , their views , their grammar , their tolerance and moderating skills.

Edit : I just forgot that you should also add a chatting area "for teh lulz" that allows swearing and partially "harassing threats" that are humors. It's just a personal suggestion cause I'd love to join that area , it's actually fun posting like "you nigga fag what's up" and getting replies like "e story goes that King Froedrick IVII of Salmonella became b-b-b-b-b-b-bat bat bat batbatbatbatfuck BAT FUCK INSANE on learning that his wife, Queen Latifah, was actually a transvestite hippopotamus named Lucy Grindwhickers. He had been making love to that nasty nookie for 17 years and NEVER NOTICED THE SMELL! Or her immense hippopotamus genitals. Anyway, King Freddy declared himself the Well-Hung Savior and pranced through the streets of Froedricksburgh waving his St. Peter like a very small pink guitar. He was laughed to death by his cynical subjects, who had just learned that the 100 Years' War was going into extra innings. King Froedrick died completely BAT F UCK INSANE! Of course, the twist is that all of this was made up, and this fact caused BAT FU CK INSANITY in the minds of several readers of otherwise reliable source Wikipedia. "

Note : "S. Mod" and "Super Mods" here mean "Super Moderator" and "Super Moderators" , respectively.

#2 Odysseus Philandros

Odysseus Philandros

Call me Oddy.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

So i read your post up above and i like a few things about it.

1. WYSIWYG editor i like that idea i think the would be something cool to add to the neq3 forum.

2.Premium themes i think that's cool idea as well gives more incentive to get premium.

I don't agree with and area called "for teh lulz" because i feel it will become a flame war section and would not give a good impression on neq3.

I also don't agree with some vulgar looking smileys i don't think it would match well neq3.

Posted Image

#3 Shade

Shade

White N' Nerdy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

Well vulgar looking smileys , I think it's a bad idea too now after re-thinking about it. HOWEVER , I still do not think anything about "for teh lulz" section cause I've seen many big forums (like ShadyGamer.com) have it and well , they didn't turn into a flame war , rather a hilarious section where I still laugh at. 
Go to their "Fire Pit" section.

#4 Arszilla

Arszilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:38 PM

I can has for teh lulz yo jamicans lol
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Shade