9 replies to this topic

#1 RyuXD

RyuXD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

I've started a website using the Mars plan. I made the Index using the FTP client, blah blah blah. I decided I wanted a forum for it as well. I used the auto-installer as provided on the control panel to install MyBB. It installed and the forum services worked perfectly...For the first hour It stopped working. So I remade the forum. These steps were repeated...

...3 times until I decided to ask here :P So what happens, is I'll configure the forums and everything, and after I configure them, leave the computer, do whatever. I'll come back later, and I can't login to the forum. I log out, and try to login again; it didn't work. It says I successfully logged in, but it didn't actually log me in. I also was unable to post, or access any control panel. I'll be able to access the index of the AdminCP, but after that, it asks me for the login credentials over and over, and doesn't actually do anything. I contacted a friend of mine, and asked him to try to register. He did, it worked, he activated his account, but as I couldn't, he couldn't login, post, or do anything either. I read the stickied threads stating what to do before asking support, and did the steps. It didn't work, so here I am. I will however mention that the auto-installer installs an old version of MyBB, so that may be it. But if it's something else, perhaps some help? If you want to try posting or whatever, PM me for the link to the forum, unless I'm allowed posting it here.

Thanks,
Ryu

#2 Jeremy

Jeremy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

Yaya, i got this problem too. I don't know how I solve it..
If I am correct, my first Admin's password is only non-capital word and number. I tried to install MyBB again with some capital word, non-capital word and number.
Now it work fine for me

#3 RyuXD

RyuXD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

Hmm. I'll try that later, and I'll post the result.

#4 Odysseus Philandros

Odysseus Philandros

Call me Oddy.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

Hmm I have seen this problem as well. I suggest your best bet is with mybb support forum i don't think you two are the only two with this problem.
Posted Image

#5 Support

Support

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Whats your website?

Tired of consistent downtime or server errors? Try our Premium Hosting with Unlimited CPU usage allowance and blazing fast servers

#6 RyuXD

RyuXD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

http://ryusforums.neq3.com/forum
(The test one)
http://ryuforums.neq3.com/forums
(The main one, that I'd want to have working)

#7 Support

Support

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

Can you pm me the inc/settings.php file (via something like pastie.org) so i can have a look if your cookie settings are correct.

Do note that it would be better to contact mybb directly, but lets see what happens!

Tired of consistent downtime or server errors? Try our Premium Hosting with Unlimited CPU usage allowance and blazing fast servers

#8 RyuXD

RyuXD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

The problem still isn't resolved. I'll work on it again tomorrow.

#9 RyuXD

RyuXD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

Victory beith mine....I believe I fixed it, though I cannot be sure until the long run. Anyway, I went ( as suggested) to the MyBB forums; To ANYONE having this problem...
http://community.myb...ead-126359.html
MyBB is aware of the issue, and has fixed it.

My forums are up and running, though I need to set up the boards, ranks, and everything else. This is apperently a common and huge issue with MyBB, someone might want to post a stickies thread with a link to that page.

#10 Support

Support

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

Victory beith mine....I believe I fixed it, though I cannot be sure until the long run. Anyway, I went ( as suggested) to the MyBB forums; To ANYONE having this problem...
http://community.myb...ead-126359.html
MyBB is aware of the issue, and has fixed it.

My forums are up and running, though I need to set up the boards, ranks, and everything else. This is apperently a common and huge issue with MyBB, someone might want to post a stickies thread with a link to that page.

Thanks for the update!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users