1 reply to this topic

#1 hoyinli

hoyinli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

Hi, my site is eliteschool.neq3.com.

I have couple problems of my wordpress site. I built the site in neq3 (not moving from another site) by using auto-install of wordpress, everything was good.

Just today when I went to my site, it just showed a bank page, no error message. I went study another same case in the forum, like uploading the .htaccess file again, but it was not helpful.

Then I searched on Internet, one suggested to edit the wp-config.php to increase the memory limit, I did that locally, then connected to the FTP and wanted to upload the file, it successfully connected via FTP, but when uploading to replace the old wp-config.php, I got the "553 Can't open that file: Permission denied", I was quite sure my username and password were corrected (if not couldn't access the FTP).

OK, to reduce the possibility of the login error, I changed to use the "File Manager" on neq3's control panel (under Files), just when I clicked it, it directed me to a page that have a "Open File Manager" button, but the button was not clickable. Then I tried using "File-manager 2" and successfully logged in, so I tried to upload the file again to replace the wp-config.php. However, I got the "File wp-config.php could not be transferred to the FTP server" Message.

Then I tried not to upload but edit the wp-config.php directly (as I just needed to add one code to increase the memory limit), but I got this message: "Warning: ftp_put(): Can't open that file: Permission denied in /home/u545966937/public_html/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 710"

In here I don't know what to do next.

So in short, I have two problems:
1.) Blank page of the site
2.) Don't know what reason I cannot change FTP files or even edit it in neq3 directly.

If anyone has any idea, it is very appreciated.

Thank you.

#2 Idgitt

Idgitt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

Then I tried not to upload but edit the wp-config.php directly (as I just needed to add one code to increase the memory limit), but I got this message: "Warning: ftp_put(): Can't open that file: Permission denied in /home/DO_NOT_PUBLISH_THIS!/public_html/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 710"

This looks to me like you don't have permission to change/edit the file. In your ftp client, right click on the files you need to change and make sure they have write permission (and you may need execute as well, I'm not sure).

But basically it sounds like that in the case of trying to replace or edit your config.php file that it is locked (which it should be) and you need to unlock it to make your changes, and then lock it back up again.

Hope that is helpful.

p.s. don't publish your account numbers : "/home/DO_NOT_PUBLISH_THIS!/public_html/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 710"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users